Overview: A new method to determine molar masses of macromolecules (including low molecular weight components) with the hyphenation of Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC/GPC) with Mass Spectrometry (MS), more specifically Electrospray Ionization MS, (ESI MS) will be presented and discussed during this webinar. Details pertaining to the theoretical background, potential applications, and successful implementation of SEC-MS in the laboratory will also be examined, along with new software tools that allow the comprehensive analysis of data, with automatic determination of true molar masses and molar mass distributions for low to medium molar mass macromolecules. Examples will be presented showing the method’s potential for analyzing homo- polymers and co-polymers.
Areas covered in the webinar:
- The latest SEC-MS innovations and what they mean for your lab
- How SEC and MS can be successfully hyphenated
- How SEC-MS data analysis can be optimized
Who should attend?
- MS practitioners
- Researchers/R&D Mangagers
- Laboratory Managers/Directors/Supervisors
- Laboratory Technicians/Operators
Prof. Christopher Barner-Kowollik
Professor of Polymer Science
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Co-founder of PSS Polymer Standards
Celia Henry Arnaud